The Ionian Islands are situated in the Ionian Sea, off the west shoreline of Greece. The place consists of several islands that are Corfu, Kefalonia, Zakynthos, Lefkada, Ithaca, Paxos and Kythira. The islands are outstanding for their delightful sandy shorelines, completely clear waters and beguiling towns which are verdant and prospering with greenery and nature.
Every Ionian island has an unmistakable character and they offer all that you could wish for from a classic vacation or getaway.
Top Places to visit in Ionian Islands
• Byzantine Museum is literally like visiting two floors of nothing but amazing, fabulous priest and religious art which hail from holy roots. The museum is developed inside a building which is known for its state of the art architecture and overlooks the plaza.
• Other places that one can visit include the Kastro castle, Museum of Palaeopolis, Achillion Palace etc.
When to go?
The best time to visit Ionian Islands is from the month of May until the month of September. These months are the most ideal for planning a vacation as the weather is at its best and one can make the most of enjoying on the beaches and islands.
How to get there?
You can get to Ionian islands via flights very conveniently. There are major airports in Corfu, Zakynthos and Kythira, which receive domestic flights and also charter flights during the summer season. Another option is also to fly to Greece and further travel to Ionian Islands via ferries.
Top restaurants in Ionian Islands
• Paradise Beach is a beautifully done tavern, which is located near the harbor front and offers the breathtaking view of the Bay of Sami. It is known for its delicious and succulent aromatic meat, lamb chops etc.
• La Cucina is one of the most famous Italian restaurants in Ionian Islands which is known for its warm interiors and mascarpone variety and pizza’s etc.
• Other restaurants one can visit include the Kolvyata Taverna, Kaleris, Lefkatas etc.
Where to stay?
Bella Venezia, Arion Hotel & The Diana Hotel are some of the most excellent, well furnished and centrally located properties to stay when in Ionian Islands.Ionian Islands beaches are very beautiful and famous among tourists.